If you don’t see your item in search result in MOSS 2007, most likely means your item(s) have not been crawled. How can we do this manually or set a schedule for this?
- Open MOSS 2007 Central Administration > Application Management > Create or configure this farm’s shared services in “Office SharePoint Server Shared Services” group.
- Open your web applications Shared Services page
- Click on “search settings” in search group.
- Click on “Content sources and crawl schedules” and open context menu of your content source.
- In context menu you will get these options (see image below):
- View Crawl Log
- Start Full Crawl
- Start Incremental Crawl
- Resume Crawl
- Pause Crawl
- Stop Crawl
You can start crawling manually here but what is recommended is to set a schedule. To do this click on “Edit” and you will get two “Crawl Schedules” options. One is the Full Crawl option and the other is the Incremental Crawl option. Click on the link you want to create a schedule and give you schedule types, time and repeat times (if this applies). It is best practice to set Incrementals throughout the week and a Full on the weekend or evening considering the time it takes to complete. You can always run a crawl manually to have information appear immediately when necessary.